Friday 30 March 2012

Day 11 - The second day of Magic Kingdom.

Today we went back to the Magic Kingdom to see the three other lands that we had not gotten to yesterday. Unfortunately it was also the first day that I really was starting to feel out of it, some kid must have sneezed on me somewhere, and combined with the humidity, my penchant for fabulous nosebleeds, and the fact that we were exhausted, I knew that I would need to take today a bit calmer than most. 

We started in Tomorrowland and the mighty ride, "Space Mountain". Tanya informed me that I would love this ride, and she was right! It was a terrific dark ride (inside rollercoaster). It was fast and had some mighty strong G-force turns, everything that a good rollercoaster needs - except an upside down bit - but I could make do without.

We had a multimedia adventure with Stitch, but the highlight of Tomorrowland was "Astroblasters", a laser shooting adventure against Zurg - Sworn enemy of the Galactic alliance - it was terrific, an amazing "interesting thing", to coin a phrase from my youth. Tanya was unable to figure out which laser was hers so she didn't manage to shoot much, but we had a great time nonetheless. 

Across the park to Frontier Land and a ride on Splash Mountain, which we had fast passed so it was only a 10 minute wait in line.

Frontier Land was great too - the Hall of Presidents was cool too, some very robotic/lifelike robots of each and every president on the USA. Kennedy looked a little sour for some reason, not the happy-go-lucky president I always pictured, but I guess that being made of wax and being forced to perform the same "nod" every 30 minutes and nothing else would put a dour expression on anyone.

I was starting to feel a little under it by now, I also realised that I hadn't had anything "Decent" to eat since my Aussie steak on Monday night, so my guts were full of deep fried gunk - probably not helping my plight - so I purcahsed an orange and we took a casual cruise on the Riverboat around Tom Sawyers island

Matt eating his Orange on the Riverboat 
The Haunted Mansion - another attraction that was in recovery mode, closed for the time of our visit. Pooh.
 We then headed towards Pirates of the Caribbean, the ride that inspired a movie, which inspired three more, which in turn re-inspired the ride. A lazy river cruise was terrific, nice and cool and filled with Pirates! YAhhgrhhh. I purchased my share of merchandise and we made our way to the Tiki Room.

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki Room. I was really feeling the effects of my illness and god bless her, Tanya allowed us to return home to the hotel for a night in. It was 4pm when we left.
Lining up for the Pirates ride

The Castle on the beautiful afternoon which Matt had to be sick during.... 
The happy lady and the sick bugger, note the merchandise bag in his hand, this bag was number 17 of 26 that would be collected during our time in Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment