Wednesday 4 April 2012

Getting Back to Business - The Remainder of the Florida Leg

So - Friday was Disney's Hollywood Studios. But I left out the end of the day... so here it the rest of that day.

After all the rides, we lined up for FANTASMIC - a Laser, Water, Fireworks extravaganza where Mickey battles the forces of evil. We lined up too early, with the attendant telling us "We could have people from here to the big hat and still get you all in!" (The big hat was a good 700m away). So we got out of the line and got an "ice cream" - crazy Americans!

Anyway... I had been feeling sick for a couple of days, blocked sinus and bleeding nose on top of exhaustion was not a good combo, tonight would be my bodies final push to get me to slow down.
The only photo taken - the rest was in video - I'll upload once it's edited...

We sat in an enormous amphitheatre, the sun was going down, and right on cue my nose starts bleeding - both sides - and it aint stopping, pressure, ice, tilting be dammed. Coughing offers, now i look like I had some wierd tropical disease that causes me to cough blood...great! I was fortunate enough to be sitting next to my gorgeous wife who did her best to help me, and a fair few nice Americans who offered tissues, and kind words.

Eventually it did stop, just in time for the show, but it left me feeling worse for wear and I had pre-emptively asked Tanya for a day off, and she gratefully agreed. That would be tomorrow.

The show was amazing, a wonderous display of the best of Disney, all the old Disney Villans appeared projected onto giant water jet walls, Malificent showed up in her human AND dragon forms, and to an amazing soundtrack Mickey - true to form - conquered the evil of Imagination and brought the goodness of imagination to the fore and we all lived happily ever after.

The video might do it better justice than my words, but I think it was definitely a highlight - except for the bleeding nose bit.

We had Saturday off. All Day. I slept so much and still wasn't feeling any better for it. We ordered Pizza and had it delivered - interesting experience - some of the worst Pizza I've ever had - Tanya was satisfied with her order, though not overly. Seems like our "Hoop-de-doo" days were behind us.

Tomorrow we would head to Universal... lets hope that we were up to it - there are two parks at Universal and we were going to try and do them both in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment